PC MHA for Conception Bay East – Bell Island District;
Minister of Service NL, Minister Responsible for the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission, Minister Responsible for the Office of the Chief Information Officer, and Minister Responsible for the Government Purchasing Agency
David has been an independent business owner, has worked in the not-for-profit sector and has been a senior manager with the Provincial Government for the past 26 years. He has worked for the departments of Human Resources Labour and Employment, Health and Community Services, Tourism Culture and Recreation, Education and Municipal Affairs. He has extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with issues related to employment, education, healthy lifestyles, tourism, youth and infrastructure.
- Reforming the Student Aid Program
- Addressing Poverty Reduction
- Improving Health Care Services
- Developing a Provincial Recreation Strategy
- Implementing a Youth Retention and Attraction Strategy
- Developing Tourism and Cultural Program
- Creating an Economic Development Master Plan
- Restructuring Minimum Wage
- Chair PC District Association (Former)
- Director of the PC District Association (Current)
- National Vice-Chair of the Boys and Girls Club of Canada (Former)
- National Board member of the Movement for Canadian Literacy (Former)
- Provincial President of Boys and Girls Club of Newfoundland and Labrador (Current)
- Executive member of both the St. John’s Jr. and Avalon East Sr. Hockey Leagues (Current)
- Vice-Chair of the Avalon East Economic Development Board (Former)
- Committee Member of Recreation NL (Former)
- Volunteer Firefighter (Former)
On December 2, 2010, the people of Conception Bay East – Bell Island first elected David to represent them in the House of Assembly.
On December 20, 2010, David was first sworn in as the Member of the House of Assembly for Conception Bay East – Bell Island by His Honour, the Honourable John C. Crosbie, Lieutenant Governor of Newfoundland and Labrador, at a ceremony at Government House.
David was re-elected in the October 11, 2011 general election.
On July 17, 2014, he was appointed Minister of Service NL, Minister Responsible for the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission, Minister Responsible for the Office of the Chief Information Officer, and Minister Responsible for the Government Purchasing Agency.